Monday 29 August 2016

Marcus - School abassador speeches

The 29th of august 2016 Me and eight other manaiakalani school ambassador had to meet up at the Pt england school car park for our speaking at the google presentation. We left the carpark at 7:30am so we could get there before traffic starts. We ended up with traffic a lot of traffic, It took us 30 minutes to get to the Aotea square and we were all exhausted and grumpy but we managed to get into the build nice and calmly even though we had problems on the elevator and in the underground car park.

We got into the room and was told to sit down on a circle shaped table and blog about being here, I was to nervous to so I just read over my speech to make sure I don’t muck up when it's my turn to speak. It was time for the google presentation to start, we walked to the front of the rows and sat down. Ed was one of the people that worked at google and he was the host of the google presentation, He introduced everyone and gave a little talk about fueling the future.

It was time for the manaiakalani school ambassador to speak and I was first as always, I was shaking and feeling Shaky. I didn’t think I could do it but I walked up with my shoulders high and my back straight and just started speaking I slowed my speech down and made sure I pronounced my words carefully and correctly.  29 Aug 2016 10:19:09.jpg29 Aug 2016 10:22:18.jpg

1 comment:

Phil @ Ako Hiko said...

Hi Marcus, I am a teacher at Wesley Primary in Mt Roskill. I was at the Google Fuel the Future event on Monday. I was really impressed with how you and all the other ambassadors spoke. I would never have known that you were nervous, you came across as being really brave and confident! Our year 5 and 6 students are writing speeches at the moment. What tips would you give them? Especially if they are nervous to speak to lots of people? I loved the video you showed at the roadshow. Is your school a PB4L school? Keep up the great work. this is our class blog if you have a chance to have a look: http://wpsmargetts.blogspot.co.nz/

Post a Comment